Medical Billing Service’s Annual Health and Technology Scholarship
About Our Scholarship
Medical Billing Service Review awards an annual scholarship to a student who can best write about their own passion for health and technology.
We want to encourage students to reflect on the relationship between health and technology and to use their imagination to forecast where these subjects may lead us into the future. We understand that in the last decade alone, health and technology have formed an even stronger alliance as we combine our daily technology use with monitoring our health. Phone Apps and Smart Watches, for instance, are giving us incredible insight into our own health and are particularly popular with younger people.
Applicants are not required to have a specific GPA or major as the essay is focused and is assessed on personal reflection, forecasting, and passion; qualities that any student of any academic level or study may embody.
- We do NOT sell student contact information.
- There are no fees to enter.
- We will not need a student’s social security number, birth date, or any personally identifiable information.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants of any major may apply.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are may apply.
- Students must have a personal interest in health and technology.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- Where has your passion for health and technology stemmed from?
- What are the benefits of being able to assess our health ourselves using our personal technology (such as phones, watches, etc)?
- Where do you see the relationship between health and technology taking us into the future?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter for an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit The Medical Billing Service’s Annual Health and Technology form below.
How to Apply
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Your essay. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by December 31, 2020, then annually.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by January 15, 2021.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Medical Billing Service Review.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The Medical Billing Service’s Annual Health and Technology Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by Medical Billing Service Reviews will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address. No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Medical Billing Service Review permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on medicalbillingservicereview.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Applicant emails will not be used for any marketing purposes.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Medical Billing Service’s Annual Health And Technology Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Medical Billing Service Review.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the Medical Billing Service Review website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Medical Billing Service Review’s social media pages.
2019/2020 Scholarship Winner
Please Congratulate Alexander Cona from St. John Fisher College. Alexander was our scholarship winner in 2019. See his essay here.
The Federal Student Aid site has important information that may help you on your scholarship journey. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
If you are unsure if your school is accredited, you can use the US Department of Education’s search tool to see if your school features on their list.